View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Harvard did not treat Theta (and other sororities) very well. I would guess that Theta may be glad they no longer have to deal the eccentricities of that school and the people who work there. I do respect Theta's integrity in not letting Harvard push them around or make them become something that they have no desire to become.

Regarding reorganizing the former Harvard sororities into social clubs open to all genders -- there is a well-worn model for this. It may not be very popular to post this, but I recall back in the last century, some fraternity chapters were de facto co-ed organizations. Almost all fraternities had little sister organizations. Some had little sister groups with membership numbers almost equaling the male active membership.

Don't get me wrong, there were and are very good reasons for fraternities eliminating the little sister auxiliary groups. My point is that, from a current student's perspective, multi-gender fraternal collegiate groups have been done before - long ago - and in many instances quite successfully.

Last edited by PhilTau; 07-24-2018 at 05:45 PM. Reason: clarify 3rd paragraph