View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedg View Post
As far as I know, GreekBill charges chapters a fee per member per year/semester. How the chapter passes that onto the members is up to the chapter. There are transaction fees on credit card payments that the chapter must absorb, but they are in line with normal credit card transactions fees.

Coming from the days of tracking down members with bounced checks to pay again, GreekBill is a blessing.
To clarify, the $37 fee added to my daughter's bill is not a credit card fee. I did not pay her invoice with a credit card. It was paid before the due date with a check in the mail. The chapter should not have incurred any transaction fees. Our alumnae chapter uses Member Planet and it costs a $2-3 handling fee. This is reasonable if deemed necessary for processing payments for chapters. But the amount of money that Greek Bill is raking in for their services is outrageous.

Let's say there are 150 women in a chapter each paying $37/semester, multiplied times 150 collegiate chapters x 15 NPC groups using their services, that's almost $25M dollars in transaction fees/year!!! Their service is not worth that much! I am sure there has to be a more reasonably priced alternative to this company.