View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver D View Post
The chapter has always had the option to send paperwork to HQ to financially suspend a member, but they are hesitant to anger or ostracize a member because he "has financial problems" - they still don't get that running a chapter is like running a business and you need a positive cash flow to run the organization so they can do "stuff". I get the one off member that truly has a financial crisis, but for the most part, the dead beats are prioritizing buying beer over paying dues. Last year, I followed up with the president and treasurer at the first of the month with the AR report and banged my head against the wall when they say they don't have funds for anything...no duh! Only 1/2 of the chapter was current with dues. Very frustrating. I'm hoping the current officers learn from the mistakes of last year. Only 1 month in and only 3 guys owe from last year and so far most of the chapter is current.
Are chapters allowed to offer incentives for paying dues on time, or staying current, such as earning points (if the chapter has a point system)?

We had the option of paying monthly or quarterly, but even if you paid quarterly there was no discount - not that there should be, but I always paid quarterly to get it out of the way and I wouldn't have minded a little incentive.