View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

I could see deferred rush being of benefit to small Greek systems that can use the first semester to drum up interest. But I just really can't come up with a scenario where deferred rush is the better choice on any campus with more than a handful of sororities. It's too much pressure on everyone involved! With IU having deferred rush AND bed quota, I'm surprised girls on both sides aren't literally having heart attacks from the stress. I SUPPOSE if you started school at the very end of January so that you could take a full week for work week and a full week for rush, but not infringe on New Year's, then it could work. But why? Just do it in August when the logistics work so much easier.

I applaud schools like Auburn looking at their system to see how they might improve what they've got, but I see no need to change it. Except that with numbers continuing to go up and up, it may be time for expansion again.