View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
John, thank you for doing all this work! I must admit that I don't know what all a forum entails.
It's not so much a forum issue as it is a server hardware issue. More specifically, database corruption issues being caused by sporadic power cycling / reboots of the server.

I'm not yet sure what's causing that to happen. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be something on the datacenter's side of things, such as a faulty power distribution unit or similar. Otherwise, if it's the server then it could be the server's power supply unit causing reboots when it hits certain limits or maybe capacitors on the motherboard starting to go bad and causing reboots in specific circumstances. Might even be a failed/failing RAM module.

At this point my plan of action is to determine if it's on the server side, or datacenter, then proceed from there.

If it's definitely the server going haywire I'll most likely look into renting a server elsewhere and move things there for a while, rather than building a new server for GC. I'll likely build a new server for GC again at some point, but now is not the time for that.

GC's current server has been in 24/7 operation since late 2013, so we're getting close to 5 years on this hardware.
^^^ Help Support GC ^^^