View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu25 View Post
I got a bid from a fraternity at MSU, then got a phone call a few days later saying I've been dropped from the pledge process. After the thorough discouragement passed, I thought about re-rushing in the spring. Is re-rushing a common thing? I would feel like a huge loser if this isn't a common thing guys do.
At many schools, re-rushing in the Spring is not a big deal.

However, you need to be honest with yourself about the reason you were given for being dropped. Did the fraternity you pledged have a legitimate reason for dropping you? If they did, you have to be aware that the fraternity has members with friends in other chapters. Depending on the reason for being dropped, they may have spoken about it to other chapters: "Yeah, we lost a pledge because of ....." You need to be prepared that a group might have heard about the drop and ask you about it.

You also need to be prepared for groups asking you if you pledged anywhere last semester. Don't lie. If you lie and they find out, you could potentially be dropped again. If you don't want to say you were dropped, just say something along the lines of "It didn't feel like a good fit once I was in their program." Again, just like the Boy Scouts say, be prepared.

Good luck to you.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)