View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I graduated from a large west coast univ and was a rush advisor at another large west coast school where the chapters are between 40-60 years old. While the number of legacies in recruitment does not equal or exceed quota it could in the future I suppose. The fact of the matter is that legacies were held to a different standard than the average PNM. In the long run, I can't say the legacies we pledged were better or worse members than anyone else...the only time they were identified as "legacies" really was during their own recruitment. It bugs me to think that a legacy is scrutinized more carefully or has her options limited because of her relatives' affiliations. I want every PNM to be treated equally and to have the same opportunity to choose and be chosen by the sisterhood that is right for her...so she can enjoy her own experience.

Gamma Phi does not have a special legacy badge but I really like that idea...especially if there was a special recognition pin the new initiate could present to her mom/sister/grandma when she is initiated.