View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 08:48 PM

Confession:

I am not a fan of children in weddings. Yes, I know flower girls and ring bearers are traditional. They are too much of a "wildcard" for me!

I went to a wedding about a year ago in which my BFF was a maid. I was her date as her boyfriend was out of town. The ring bearer was about 5. His sister was about 8 and the flower girl. Dad and mom were both in the wedding party as well.

So, the processional goes fine. Ringbearer actually does his thing pretty well and stands next to sister and daddy for the remainder of the ceremony.

The priest keeps talking and the boy starts to get antsy. Sister is doing okay. He starts wandering away from dad, dad is trying to discretely be like "Hey Zeke. Get back over here buddy!" He's not really listening and starts to wander further away from the party and toward the 5-8 stairs up into a microphone on the side of the pulpit (not the one the priest is speaking from.)

Priest is talking and all of a sudden we hear "HELLO" booming through the speakers. Ring bearer has somehow reached the top of the steps, up to this microphone and is talking into it. Guests are somewhat amused (and they laugh a little.) but the priest isn't. Sister is trying to motion for him to come down. Mom has this look of "omgggg" but is trying to stay composed on the side of the bride because the ceremony is going on, and tries to discretely motion for him to get over here.

Priest starts talking again and about a minute after that, the ring bearer TRIPS, ROLLS DOWN THE 5-8 STEPS and hits the ground pretty hard. Guests gasp because they think he is hurt. My friend looks at me and mouths "WHAT." Dad rushes over to him. Priest actually pauses and looks over. So does the couple (bride seemed to be more concerned with whether he was okay than anything.) Dad is mortified and practically carries him back over to where he was supposed to be sitting the entire time, and gives him a DS or something to play with so the ceremony could continue.

That is why I don't do kids at weddings. They're crazy.

Lakers Nation.