View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JeffersonStKKG
re-post (a little long..sorry, ladies)

Username: JeffersonStKKG; my chapter was located on campus off of Jefferson. St.

Initiation date: Although I graduated in '04, I was P/C '02 because I had been wrapped up in playing vball for my school...until an injury my second season.

Chapter: Epsilon Zeta/FSU

Currently Serving: I am a member of the Alumni Association of the Palm Beaches; regarding committees, I have been on the phone-tree and have made myself available to whomever needs me.

Past office: I served as my P/C's Standards rep. for two years. Although not an offical office, I was assistant to our Marshall.

House information: My sorority house is the newest house on campus, built in 1961, often described as a Plantation Mansion, and is the only white house on campus. We have the third largest house on campus and the only sorority house with a backyard. Finally, we are the only house to have a "paint room" in the basement--tech. the first floor-- (by the chapter and study rooms); most Greeks ask permission to use the room for their banners. As tradition goes, during the close of I-Week, before Friday, we have the current pledge class paint their names/year on the walls of the paint room. We (used to) have a "new member" room on the third floor: it is the largest room and served as a "refuge" for any new sisters wanting to sleep over or hang out and when had visiting sisters and reps. from Ntl's., the room transformed into a "guest room." To the best of my knowledge, we still have a CC who lives in the room. My chapter hosted Province, I believe, 3 years ago and were recognized twice at Province meetings for Gracious Living.

Chapter information: While I was active, we won overall-Homecoming twice and Dance Marathon once---the two biggest events on campus for Greeks and other organizations. My P/C had been the largest in years with 50 pnm's; since '02, however, the chapter has grown. At my school, the chapter quota was large due to a house with a little less or maybe a little more than 200 active sisters; accordingly, (including graduating seniors) our chapter was "medium-sized," with anywhere from 80-110 sisters. The ladies of Epsilon Zeta, yes "EZ",support all of the Greek-life philanthropies and take pride in representing Kappa on campus. Relay For Life at FSU was started by a Kappa. At the end of each semester, we have a Kozy celebrating graduating seniors and at which time Big/Key sisters are given their paddles and Lil/Key sisters are given handmade (by the Big/Key) owls w/the sister's name on them and scrapbooks. Most "families" have traditions as to the design of the Owl; for example, mine looked looked like a bowling pin (haha, bless Erica's heart) and had a bow around it's neck, while other families make owls that resemble disfigured ETs..hahaha.

About me:As aforementioned, I played volleyball for FSU from '99-'02. I was a member of two other sorority-esque organizations on campus: "Lady Spirithunters" (a group of selected women who promote FSU spirit throughout the community) and the "Garnet and Gold Guides" (we were chosen to be hostesses for potential football and basketball recruits and their families while they met coaches and toured the campus)

I still live in the "bubble" I was born and raised in, Boca Raton, Florida. As aforementioned, I joined an AA as well as outside organizations, such as the Jr. League. In the fall, I will be entering my 4th year of work towards earning a doctorate in psychology. Aside from my alum. work with Kappa, I am involved with my alma mater as a Booster, AA member and a class of distinction with my school's Foundation.

I,too, am a self-professed Kappa-holic and enjoy collecting shirts from other chapters as well as memorbilia and regular sorority item (I SCORED when I visited FSU last weekend b/c the Greek Store had all sorority items marked half off since they're prepping to order items for Recruitment in August and, on top of that, one woman made a gift bucket of Kappa items for me, free of charge. I'm a taaaaad obsessed with the blue of the sky and the blue of the sea. With that said, one of my best friends and I are trying to find an open block in our schedule to visit Headquarters, Museum and the Stewart House---we want to get in touch with our roots. Hopefully we can set dates for everything and would love to meet up w/other Kappas throughout the country!

KLove,
Julie