View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
On the other hand, my main memory of rush back in the day is that quota was set early, which meant that the stronger groups had huge quotas and pledge classes and the others often folded, one by one. I would never want that again.
Me neither. I graduated right before RFM was put in place. From rushing my freshman year until graduation, my campus lost 3 chapters and almost a 4th due to low numbers. My pledge class had 70ish girls and the chapter that folded that year plesdged something like 5. A pretty large percentage of pnms were left bidless at the end of the week. The disparity was tremendous and it weakened the entire Greek system.

The campus' solution was to give up on the dying chapters and start fresh with new colonies. One chapter colonized my junior year. The campus has now brought on 3 more chapters over the last 18 years. Under RFM, every chapter is healthy and even that 4th chapter that has struggled for 18 years has seen its membership grow significantly. They still rarely make quota but they're missing it by 5-10 not by 40-50, and they have the support of Panhellenic.