View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
If you're talking to me, you need to re-read what I wrote. My disagreement with you is not based on speculation about the facts which led to the revocation of the charter. AAMOF I didn't say anything at all about what the reason for the charter revocation was. Read my remarks again, carefully. I didn't reference the article, either. And you yourself are speculating, which is somewhat annoying, given the context of your post. It almost seems like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. You know?

Let me simplify what I said:

1) parents don't have rights in this situation.
2) chapter business is internal.
3) 18 is the age of majority and you can look up the legal definition of same.

At 18 I was more than capable of asserting my rights, and I knew what they were. You underestimate this generation. As for the people in their 40s comment, I really don't have anything to say to you about that.

The discussion is not about you or your capabilities. Chapter business is indeed internal until the courts get involved, then it's public. Age of majority is irrelevant. Kids have rights in these situation and they generally do not know what they are. Parents are acting as agents of their kids in situations like this. Oh yeah, if parents weren't footing the bill, virtually no Greek group could survive.