View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilTau View Post
Disagreeing with me is okay. But I must point out that your disagreement is based on speculation about the facts behind the chapter's termination. The article contains only innuendo. Generally, all the national organization must to do is establish that it acted in good faith and in accordance with its governing documents and contractual agreements with the chapter and chapter members, if any. Of course I could be completely wrong because this is pure speculation by me since I don't know the state where the national organization is incorporated,or knowledge of any of the underlying facts or the organization's governing documents or agreements.

The girls in this chapter may legally be adults but I would never expect 18 to 22 year-olds to know how to effectively assert their rights or even know what those right are. And there is nothing wrong in getting help from their parents. People in the 40s get help from their parents all the time. Oh - and nothing in this post should in any way be construed as legal opinion or legal advice.
If you're talking to me, you need to re-read what I wrote. My disagreement with you is not based on speculation about the facts which led to the revocation of the charter. AAMOF I didn't say anything at all about what the reason for the charter revocation was. Read my remarks again, carefully. I didn't reference the article, either. And you yourself are speculating, which is somewhat annoying, given the context of your post. It almost seems like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. You know?

Let me simplify what I said:

1) parents don't have rights in this situation.
2) chapter business is internal.
3) 18 is the age of majority and you can look up the legal definition of same.

At 18 I was more than capable of asserting my rights, and I knew what they were. You underestimate this generation. As for the people in their 40s comment, I really don't have anything to say to you about that.

If you're talking to Kevin as well, he's more than capable of responding to you, if he so chooses. I don't think anything you say resembles legal opinion or legal advice, but thanks for the disclaimer.

PS it's grammAr, not grammEr.