View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I should mention pref was on Sunday, January 26th - so school was in session. I guess that is why the first two rounds of parties were broken down into two days, even though there were only 6 groups on campus.

So it's time to go to the go to the UC to see what invitations we got. You could go to a maximum of 6 parties. I reached into my envelope and pulled out:
Live Oak
Cedar
Sweetgum
Willow
Pine

I have 5. And Acacia is missing. That is the first sorority I would have dropped - but it strangely stung to be rejected by them.

So I went to the table to sign up for my parties. These were nice invitations. Sweetgum in particular had really nice ones. I have no idea what order I went to these parties. Willow does stand out though. This is the chapter that was struggling. And for some reason they had a house. Not one of the big sorority houses being built on "greek row" but like a 3 bedroom ranch house in a neighborhood. And they made this round of invitations/party themed "The best little sorority house in Texas." From a branding standpoint - I question connecting their sisterhood with a wh**e house. Unless the home was a straight up donation - I do not understand how their nationals let them have the house. It was not a selling point at all. All the other sororities were having their parties in church meeting rooms, hotel conference rooms, wedding venues, and restaurant party rooms. For Willow you were packed into this house. I ended up on a sofa - the girl was rushing me and three other people at the same time. It was such a challenge. You really felt badly of them.

The rest of the parties were uneventful. I truly liked everyone I talked with. I seemed to be connecting more with Cedar, Sweetgum, and Pine but it was really a toss up.

Last edited by BlueBayou; 06-30-2019 at 04:07 PM.