View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch612 View Post
My daughter was initiated in mid November. In that time she was home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Her time as an initiated member was very limited. 3 weeks ago she called me very distraught that her sorority may get kicked off campus and now they have been. My daughter was a model initiate. She was very involved and she is now distraught. Why would a young woman who had so little time with her sorority not be given a chance with another sorority?
That is very disappointing.

However, she should be granted alumna status and will be able to continue to participate in the sorority as an alumna.

It's tough to not have the full college experience (formals and recruitment and all that), but it's not the end of the world. She can still be friends with her sisters and even room with them if she chooses. They can plan informal "sisterhood" events and outings to maintain connections and friendships. She can still wear letters and her badge. She can participate in ritual, when an active chapter or alumna chapter is holding ritual. She can still do philanthropy work with an alumna chapter. She can socialize with the alumna chapter.