View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sororitysock View Post
I disagree. At nearly every campus, there will be one or two or so "competitive" chapters with high return rates that most of the PNMs want to join due to reputation. But few to no PNMs withdraw from recruitment or even school if they are dropped from those chapters like we see at "competitive" schools like in the SEC. There are also small Greek schools, say with fewer than five chapters, where each chapter has a fairly specific "flavor" (i.e.: athletes, high GPA, party girls etc.) All chapters are on an even playing field as far as competitiveness because they each tend to attract a certain type of PNM.

When it comes down to it, competitiveness is mostly from the individual PNM's perspective. If you're dropped from a chapter you desperately want, you will believe your campus is competitive. And it probably is for that chapter.

But to put a school like Ole Miss' competitiveness on the same level as a Midwestern liberal arts college with four NPC chapters is ridiculous.

This. There are people who would tell you that my alma mater is "super competitive" but that's only because they were cut from like, 6 of 8 off the bat. Or 2 of the 3 they decided they really wanted when they met the chapters at Welcome Weekend.

Lakers Nation.