View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Night 3

I was lucky I didn’t have much work due this week, as recruitment and school can get hectic. So I put on a cute Gap sweater (it was Feburary), nice jeans, boots, and went on my merry way. The Rho Gamma gave me my schedule:

Dan Dan Noodles
Shrimp Dumplings
Pork Buns
Peking Duck

I was excited and hoped to make a good impression.

Dan Dan Noodles

So today we were making a craft. I forgot exactly what it was, but it involved coloring as I recalled. Once again, while the girls were nice they seemed to be more concerned with talking amongst themselves rather than to the PNMs. It came off rather awkward, though I did find out one of the girls liked Kpop, which I asked about since I wasn’t familiar with it. It was cool hearing about it

Shrimp Dumplings

The room was disco themes and we played a game of “human bingo.” Basically, you had a bingo card and you had to fill out spaces for something like “has broken their arm before” or “is a biology major.” I found this really fun and the sisters engaging. I got into a conversation with one about how I had never managed to break a bone in my body, despite doing cheerleading prior to college. I did tell her about how I had sprained my ankle slipping on the wet floor in the cafeteria, which she laughed. Overall, I felt good about the conversations in this room.

Pork Buns

So we were doing a craft in Pork Buns, and I felt a lot more comfortable than in the round robin they had done the day before. I saw a girl who I had attended high school and cheered with and she helped introduce me to some of her sisters. She had told me she had transferred from another school and was happy to find her home. We spoke about their philanthropy (can’t reveal it here since everyone would know who it is!) and it stuck out to me, which was nice.

Peking Duck

This round certain sisters were showing crafts or presents their bigs or littles had given them, ranging from paddles to letter shirts. They then sat to mingle. I was given a lot of sweets, and it was hard to talk with your mouth being full! I did ask what big-little reveals were and a lot of the girls were excited to talk about it and say “oh my big is over there, she’s awesome!” or comments to that effect.

So with that in tow, I decided to eliminate Dan Dan Noodles from my card. I wanted to give them another chance for pref but not really talking to them didn’t allow me to get to know the sisters too well.