View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison.reed23 View Post
Hi! So my boyfriend is in the military and we've been thinking about getting married for financial reasons and such but I am an active member in Gamma Phi Beta and I didn't know if I would have to become an alumnae if I got married now while still in college. Does anymore if I would have to become an alumnae or could I still be an active member? Thank you!
Thanks for posting your question in the Gamma Phi Beta forum. I can give you a definitive answer, from page 2 in the Membership section of the 2015 Rules and Procedures manual available on the www.gammaphibeta.org website, after you log in as a member.

In a nutshell, being married has no effect on your membership status. The chapter I advise has had two women get married in the past 5 years. One was Chapter President...in fact, she was excused from Pref for her own wedding (the date was set before she joined). On Bid Day, she welcomed the new members and apologized for not having been there the night before, but she was kind of busy getting married.