View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

We have both fall and spring rush. During the spring we pretty much know who we want to pledge based on our fall pledges friends, etc, but every spring semester kids come in who we've never heard of and impress us and we give them bids. I wouldn't let it stress you out, they may know kids they really really want but they'll likely be open to others as well.

The one thing about coming in without knowing people in the spring is that at least you will come in with a clean slate. There are plenty of people who I think will rush our house this spring that we are almost 100% not going to take based off of rumors or one bad incident...they may be exaggerated incidents or whatnot but will still probably hurt them. So just go in, be outgoing, meet as many people as you can and don't spend too much time worrying or expressing your worries (ie, dont be the kid who straight up asks, "do I have to know people to get a bid" or "I'm really worried cause I don't know anybody in the house") and you'll most likely have a fair shot.