View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEClassyASA View Post
So last semester I got an instant bid from ASA. I had a lot going on at the time back at home and one thing just kept leading to another. I also started to feel disconnected from a lot of the girls. I just felt left out and like no one really wanted to get to know me. In the middle of pledging with just about two weeks left, I had to quit the sorority. I gave everything back. We ended on good terms, I still talked to most of the girls and even continued to hang out with a few of them. Recruitment is next week and they have been giving me mixed signals.. Some have asked me if I was coming back and telling me how excited they were that I wanted to be in ASA again, others... haven't really said anything to me about it. Today, I got a phone call from one of the girls and she said "The girls and I definitely think you should come back out to formal recruitment next week. We are really excited to see you. Maybe you could get a better feel for all of the sororities and see if we still fit you best. We think that's the best option for you and us too." Okay, well some of the girls just made dinner plans with me for like the next half hour. So I really don't know what to think about all of this?!?! Can anyone give me some advice... I really feel like the phone call was telling me that they aren't giving me a bid again which means I can't pledge this semester for any sorority, so why would I waster my time at recruitment? I just need advice.. I don't even really know the rules for Greek life either, so that's another disadvantage that I have. SOMEONE HELP!
We cannot answer any of this for you. You need to speak (in person) to people with knowledge of rules and regulations, and with authority to make decisions and speak on behalf of the group, campus NPC and/or NPC in general. Good luck.

PS - if you are NOT a member, it's generally frowned upon to use official letter designations as part of your user name.