View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

There are too many rules, variations and interpretations to say anything with confidence, at least without knowing which campus (and don't tell us). If your concern is about your eligibility, talk to the Greek advisor. You SHOULD be eligible for ASA regardless. Your concerns about them being on the fence are valid. I could see some girls wanting you back and others being hesitant about giving you a valuable place that another girl might be more willing to give a full commitment to. Or just being annoyed at what you did. If you are interested in them, and I mean REALLY interested, be out there and up front about it. But it sounds to me like you got a noncommittal "sure, come on, rush, why not?" that should in no way be interpreted as ANY kind of a promise.

And use this situation as a lesson about lifetime commitments. Sometimes you get a do-over and sometimes you don't. Think ahead before signing on the dotted line (for ANYTHING) next time.