View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just interested View Post
I would assume that ALL groups value their legacies. Some groups have more than they can take in a pledge class and they also have to take in effect whether the legacy is actually a fit for their chapter. Again, make sure your daughter has all her options available to her with introductions.
Very true.

My sorority's legacy practice is that any legacy (sister, daughter, or granddaughter of an AEPhi) participating in formal recruitment is invited to the first invitational round after open houses, provided she meets minimum GPA. If a legacy is invited to pref, she will be on the first bid list. But the chapter is under no obligation to invite the legacy to any parties after the first invitational round. If the chapter feels the legacy isn't a good fit, the legacy will not be invited back.

AND, if the legacy feels she's not a good fit for the chapter, she can always rank that chapter as a last choice, and if she ends up at their pref party, she can always ISP or not sign a pref card.

I do not have children of my own, and I'm an only child as is my husband (so no nieces), so I will never be in your shoes. That said, the best advice I can give is to listen to your daughter, be her sounding board, and try to relax. And, if you drink, get a couple of bottles of good wine.