View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapples View Post
After not feeling satisfied with recruitment my freshman year, I eventually joined a chapter in August (this is my sophomore year). At first, I was really eager and excited about being a part of something so much bigger than myself and really immersed myself in all that greek life and my sorority had to offer - I met a lot of people, I did a lot of community service, I got a lot of cute t-shirts (ha!), but something never really 'clicked' for me. I think this was a result of a combination of things, from personal family stuff to my anxiety being horrible, and more specific to my chapter, there was not a very strong sisterhood at all, which was what I was really looking for. To avoid going into too much detail, the girls were not very nice. At the end of this semester, I knew that I needed to reevaluate, and after a lot of consideration, I am fairly confident that this chapter is just not for me.

I thought about transferring to a different school with my chapter, because I am not entirely happy at the university that I attend and there are other universities in my state with better programs for my major, but I am not positive that I will be able to transfer for financial reasons. If I can not transfer, I suppose what it is going to come down to is me dropping out of my sorority.

I don't want to ask anyone in my chapter how to go about this because I am not sure I will be dropping the sorority all together, so I figured that this would be a good place to ask! (this community has been really helpful for me before )

I assume the person I should get in touch with is my chapter president, correct? Will I need to go through standards and signing contracts, etcetera? What is the general procedure for dropping out, and what is the appropriate etiquette? Any help would be MUCH appreciated, I am slightly stressing about this already
You have been around for 5 months. There are people who have been around for 50+ years. Do try to put things into perspective before doing anything rash. You're throwing away your collegiate experience as well as a potential experience as an alumna.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma