View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iota1086 View Post
My point was EZ was not the only chapter “below the Panhellenic total”, the reason Theta National disestablished the chapter. There are some very strong chapters in the south membership wise. But is that how you rate a chapter, by just above or below an average? Or do you also look at campus leadership, philanthropic hours, philanthropy fund raising, and academics?
Iota1086, I am trying to restrain myself. We are all grieving the loss of our home. Your comments are uninformed as to the true situation. And you know what? I don't feel like airing all of our dirty laundry publicly just to satisfy you. There are those of us who saw this closure coming several years ago. We know why it happened and were not entirely surprised. We are hurting and angry. We are supporting each other as best we can.

It matters far more what the situation and environment is at Ole Miss than other campuses. The Ole Miss Greek system is toxic, petty and vicious. How the Thetas held their heads up in that place for as long as we did is a testament to their strength of character.

The manner in how the closure was handled was thoughtless and unnecessarily cruel. I have no comment on that.