View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Maybe I'm not quite awake yet but there were parts of your post I didn't understand. Do you feel you are cutting too many girls, not cutting enough girls, or just plain cutting the wrong girls?

Do fraternities other than the two you always mix with have open parties? Go to those. Don't let anyone make you feel like you shouldn't be there. If guys get to know more than one or two of you and have nice things to say about you, that will carry weight with rushees.

Do you have a list of women (friends, fellow members in other activities) who might be interested in your sorority but don't want to go through formal rush? Are you inviting these women to just hang out and get to know sisters without it being an "event"? COBing these women is way more effective than having to grab some random girls after formal.
I feel like we're cutting the wrong girls more than anything else. And some of the girls who we should be trying to recruit drop us the first day because they realize the lack of image and incohesive-ness of our chapter after a few conversations.
Our social chair rn is a little sister at one of the two frats we mix with a lot, and she's in charge of getting us info about what parties will be happening each weekend, and she doesn't do a great job at that--there are open parties, but she doesn't get us the when & where, so we have to reach out to other girls in different chapters for this information.
I was actually recruited via fall COB a year and a half ago, so I definitely agree that its more effective, but I will say it felt like the chapter was really desperate for girls then and that hasn't changed. Getting my friends and other like-minded members to come up with a list of girls we think would fit would be a great idea, instead of what we're doing now!