View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I think we've all said enough. If OP's daughter is as thorough and diligent as she says, and I suspect she is, the daughter will do all the research she needs to do and act accordingly. A gifted student who wants to be a doctor and dances competitively is Type A enough to get all her recs.

I think we're misreading the situation. Mom doesn't care if daughter goes Greek or not; daughter is interested. Mom just came on here to see if girls like her daughter tend to join sororities and have successful college experiences. I think we've satisfied her that it is possible, armed her with some info and warnings on the competitiveness of SEC recruitment and can let it go. We're not going to force people to get recs if they don't plan to take it seriously.

There's plenty of info on how to secure recs floating around on GC. Daughter seems bright and will figure it out if she wants to.

I don't think mom is trolling. I think she's a typical parent.

ETA: I just reread this and I sound like Tom Earp. Transitions between paragraphs would be nice...