Thread: birth control
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysanthemum17 View Post
I have no idea if anybody can answer this (beyond "go to the doctor", which i know I need to), but can birth control make existing anxiety worse? When I went to refill my prescription this round, they gave me a different generic than I had been receiving - I have never had a reaction to medication EVER, beyond some mild side effects with other types of the pill, but it seems like since I started on this round, my anxiety has been so much worse than prior, as well as having a weird effect on my periods.. (i'm on the 3 months-at-a-time type). I know I need to go to the doctor, but I've never had a doctor that seemed to actually care, so I thought i'd ask around for anecdotal evidence as well.
You probably won't find much anecdotal evidence for this type of complaint, especially with Seasonale/seasonique since they are newer and their generics haven't been around very long. Talk to your doctor. Depending on how long you have been taking this pack of pills, they may just recommend that you continue with the pills to see if your symptoms resolve. They may give you the name brand drug, but you would likely have to pay more. You also may be able to find the other generic at a different pharmacy, but your pharmacy has likely changed to this type generic. They usually dont switch back and forth.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!