View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't too often worry about men and unicorns pooping rainbows, but I think you have an unrealistic idea of what a college fraternity is or will be at this school. You can give it a shot with a colony, but I would also suggest going back to those houses you thought weren't what you wanted and give them another chance, while being yourself.

And your perception of Beta is admirable, but just to be clear, chapters vary greatly. I'm sure there are Beta chapters that are dorks who can barely keep on campus and ones where they are huge d-bags living every negative stereotype of fraternity. This is not meant to insult Beta because this is true of every fraternity - there is no BEST fraternity out there from coast to coast. They all have admirable chapters and less admirable ones. And this is true of the ones you checked out already. As a junior, you might look at their national/alumni programs because since your undergrad life is on the wane, that part of the fraternity is going to become much more important in the near future.