View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Oh I don't think for a minute that it would be required. Just that a group would be able to if they wanted and it suited them to do it. Blinn and Texas A & M is really currently doing it - just with some fancy foot work called dual enrollment. So I can see where it could work in some places and not others. Right now, NPC prohibits it.
That situation is very different than a straight up Blinn student. Those students are Texas A&M students with an A&M student ID number (with all privileges herein). They are just taking a couple of their classes at Blinn, and a couple at A&M. It is very similar to the PACE program at UT, with part of the classes being taken at ACC. Those students are UT students.

There are straight up Blinn students and straight up ACC students - they are not allowed to rush (Because no university ID number).

That said, I have no problem with NPC groups choosing to expand to community colleges if they think it is the right fit and situation for their org. Just don't confuse the Blinn Team students as being "community college students".