View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
I read that a couple months ago...have you finished it yet? I felt like it fizzled as it went on...the ending felt unresolved, like it was set up for a sequel.
No, it's on the back burner. Personally, I find Grisham uneven.

Quote:
I finished The Orphanmaster. It was creepy, but it really read like a crime drama set in an interesting time period. In my opinion, the author could have skimped on the gory details and included a few more romantiic details with the main characters, but I did enjoy the book.
I was thinking of going back and just skipping the gory parts, but wasn't sure how important they were to the plot. I did find the historical parts very interesting, though.

I put down Grisham's Gray Mountain temporarily to read Linda Fairstein's Death Angel. I really enjoy her books - all take place in New York City, with bits of Martha's Vineyard. One of the three main characters is very interested in the history of NYC, and that always comes to the surface of every crime they solve. Death Angel involves a lot about Central Park and the Dakota Building; her recent Terminal City involved the train system/Grand Central Station.

Does anyone else read The Cat Who... books, or Joanna Fluke's Hannah Swenson series?