View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

To my Delta sister greek, this is such a nice thread that u have started and although i myself dont post as much as i would like to, i had to post to this.

I am a neo(SPR 05) and i recently became a member of Sigma Gamma Rho and my chapter is the first and only NPHC on the yard. In my family there is no greeks and no one knows anything about greeks but the sterotypes. At my school there was no NPHC only the NPC organizations. As students and women of color we felt as though we needed an organization that would exemplify our roots and cultrue. Therefore, for the past three years there was numerous interest sessions amongst ourselves and research because we def. wanted an NPHC organization but we wanted one for the right reasons. And i will say that the first Sigma woman that i met was Northeast Regional Syntaktes Felicia Blakeney and this woman was WONDERFUL! She showed Sigma in such a classy, dignified way that i was so intrigued. After almost a year after an interest meeting she had at our school she still kept in touch with us and stayed with us till the very last decison was made. And i would like to say that thank you yo my SoRHOr Madame Syntaktes Blakeney for showing us the RHOyal Blue and Gold light. Since then, I have been nothing but proud to say that i am a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority!

Being a member of an NPHC has not only allowed me to meet some great Sigma women, it has allowed me to meet wonderful people in general.