View Single Post
Old 04-10-2003, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by FuzzieAlum

The system breaks down only when rushees decide that they would rather not be Greek than join certain organizations. That's when they drop out of rush after getting cut by their organizations of choice. That's when it is considered cut-throat. On campuses where girls are more willing to consider all chapters, it's not.
Quote:
Originally posted by aephi alum

Still doesn't solve the problem of people cross-cut before prefs, though, or people who get their hearts set on 1 or 2 GLOs, then drop out if those GLOs cut them.
When I was in school, many women were dropped from the sororities that they wanted. Some rushees would rather drop out of rush than continue if they weren't invited to one of their top three out of seven sororities. I felt bad for these young women who had their hearts broken until they wouldn't be bothered to rush or COB a sorority that they considered 'inferior'. It was really hard to combat that image. I always thought that if all of the women who dropped out or didn't get a bid decided to pledge one of the two smaller sororities, they could even out the numbers and change the inferior image. Unfortunately, that rarely happens. In fact within a few years, one of the sororities folded.

Last edited by Peaches-n-Cream; 04-10-2003 at 09:06 AM.