View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

First a couple of questions:

1) What year are you in school? How many years do you have left at UT-C? Did you transfer, or did you not rush your first two years? And if you did transfer why didn't you rush at your old school? And if you didn't transfer...i.e., you're a freshman...when did you finish high school, and why are you just starting college now? There are perfectly reasonable answers to these questions, but they are questions sororities probably wondered about.
2) Are we talking about a high school or college GPA? If it isn't that high, do you have a slew of extracurricular activities and community service to make up for it? Did you do something really interesting between high school and college or in the summers?

Okay, so really your question was about your options now. Here they are:

1) Let the Panhellenic Office know that you are interested in COB/Spring Rush opportunities. Some groups may be interested in picking up a few extra members, but your age still make work against you, as may your GPA, and I am telling you to inform Panhellenic just on the off chance that an opportunity becomes available...I wouldn't get your hopes up.
2) Find other groups to join...are there any service fraternities on campus? Non-panhellenic women's groups? And what are you interested in...chances are there is a group on campus (drama, debate, music, etc.) that covers your interests in addition to providing a social outlet...and if you have some time left at UT-C, you might start your own organization if none of the ones that are left fits your needs!
3) Just get out and meet other people...a sorority may not be in the cards for you, but you still can have fun in college, go to parties, and have lots of friends!

Good luck!