View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

DAY 1!

The first round was philanthropy round. We saw all seven sororities over three days, then after the third day, we would rank. I’d already met so many amazing girls in my rho gamma group, and now I was excited to meet the sororities!

The first sorority I saw on the first night was Kingda Ka. I already had a good impression of this sorority from pre-recruitment events, and I liked them again today! I only got to talk to one girl but she was super sweet. I don't have much more to say about them other than I really liked them and could see myself here.

Next we saw Bizarro. From outside of the door, I could hear them chanting and stomping and that made me so excited! I talked to five awesome girls and I felt like I clicked with all of them. This sorority has the highest GPA on campus and has won all kinds of awards, but all of the sisters were so sweet and down to earth! When we were watching their philanthropy video I started to tear up because it was so emotional, and I noticed a lot of the sisters were trying to hold back tears too. I could tell that they were really proud of their philanthropy and all of the hard work they did to support it. I knew immediately that this chapter was an absolute favorite.

By the time we got to El Toro, I was exhausted and I was starting to lose my voice. I don’t know if it was just my lack of energy, but I felt like my experience here was slightly awkward. The first girl I talked to didn’t really ask me a lot of questions about myself but she kept talking about herself and the chapter. The other girls couldn’t really keep a conversation and I felt like there were a lot of uncomfortable pauses. However, they’d only been on campus for a couple of years and they had definitely established themselves very well. Still, out of the three houses I went to this day, they were the house that I felt least comfortable at.

DAY 2!

First up we went to Top Thrill Dragster. I hate to admit it, but I wasn’t really excited to go here. I had met some of the girls at pre-recruitment events and they were nice, but I didn’t see myself fitting in with them. I had good conversations here and the girls were cool, but I still didn’t think I was the Dragster type.

We went to Fury 325 next and I was so excited to see them! A girl from my high school was a Fury and I really liked them. One of the girls I talked to was from my hometown which was so exciting because it’s a small town and all week nobody knew where it was! I had a personal connection with their philanthropy and I really felt like I fit in there. This chapter was another favorite.

DAY 3!

Finally the last day of philanthropy was here!

Goliath was the first house we went to and I fell in love. At sorority info nights, I met a Goliath that I really clicked with and that made this chapter an instant favorite. I met another Goliath this night that was practically my twin - we had so much in common! It was a major plus that their philanthropy was related to something my family recently went through so I felt connected to it. After this party, Goliath was my definite number one.

The very last house I went to for philanthropy round was Millenium Force. I knew a couple of girls in this chapter, including one of my best friends. In addition to that, my great aunt was in this chapter when she went to my school! My parents thought that I would join this chapter because of my best friend and my great aunt, but I wanted to go in unbiased. The girls here were really cool and laid back! They have a really close sisterhood and I know that my best friend has blossomed so much since joining Millenium Force. I liked them a lot, but they weren’t my absolute favorite.

I went to rank and was really confident about my order. It was….

Goliath
Bizarro
Fury 325
Kingda Ka
Millenium Force
Top Thrill Dragster
El Toro

Next up was house tours