View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonreb View Post
Before I share my ending I just wanted to shed some wisdom or advice for anyone who might come across my thread when trying to find out about recruitment at ole miss or any competitive school.

I'm sure this has been said before but I feel like I can't go without saying this,

Don't lose yourself in the process. I know this has probably been said countless times but I can't reiterate enough how important this is. Cuts hurt, bad. Its rejection in its purest form and it stings no matter what. I always saw myself as someone who people loved to be around and I was extremely well liked in high school. When I looked at my invitation card the first day I felt like I wasn't that girl anymore. And after getting another cut I felt like I didn't know myself as well as I thought I had. But please just remember these cuts are not a reflection of who you are. No matter how many houses you get back on your list you are still the same person you where before you started recruitment. My self confidence took a major hit that honestly, I am still recovering from. These cuts can be extremely arbitrary and awfully political and if you're someone like me, recruitment is a numbers game that 9 times out of 10, you will come up short on. Just don't let this process get you down and change who you think you are.

I will step off my soap box now
{{ Big hug }} for you! You have learned some valuable, if painful, lessons. Please also remember that the chapters that cut you were NOT saying that they didn't like you or that you were not "good enough." I promise, that is not what they thought. They simply could not invite EVERY PNM back and had to make some very hard choices. Rush can get you down. Please get back up and shrug it off!

Can't wait to hear about Pref...... now, please