Thread: children??
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2000, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

C&C your responses were great I completely agree. Being a single mother myself let me say that it is definitely difficult but I know I am strong enuff to handle my situation. The last time I read the intake requirements for all of these orgs I do not beleive that one of the requirements was to not have chlidren or be married if you have some. As far as anyone who may think that just because they do not have any gives them the right to look down on someone else (whether they are in your org. or trying to be) you are sadly mistaken. sadly sadly mistaken . I would have to commend any woman who has children and is in college and making good grades and trying to service her communtity. I mean dag I know girls who do not have ANY kids and they are not doing nothing for themselves or their community! God puts nothing on you that he does not feel you can handle so obvioulsy he beleives that most of us single mothers out there can handle our present situations just fine. IF all orgs are founded on Christian prinicples then all members know already that ONLY GOD can judge!!!!! If he thinks that any of us single mothers can not deal with joining a sorority or whatever else we try and endure then he will not let it happen!!!! As far as being married some of us are not that fortunate and some of us really do not need a man around God is my childrens father and he will see to it that they are taking care of well!!! And as far as your older sorors looking down on it I believe that BUT I AM QUITE SURE THAT YOU CAN NAME A WHOLE LIST OF THINGS THAT THEY DO NOT AGREE WITH AS FAR AS SORORITY LIFe GOES TODAY PERIOD AND THIS IS JUST BEACUSE THINGS ARE DIFFERENT NOW THAN THEY WERE THEN. Then there is a fact that there are not that many VIRGINS in the world so just because some of yall have not been caught up or have had abortions does not make yall saints or better than anyone who gets caught up!!! I mentor and tutor kids all the time the fact that I have children is no contradiction at all, I can actually speak to them from my experiences, so to help them see that they need to make better choices because things can be difficult for single mothers(difficult not impossible). I mean if that is a contradicton then so is anyone who hazed or accepted hazing but is now trying to bring to an end. So is Magic Johnson going around taling about Aids I mean give me a break!!! LEFTOUT gyrl look your marital status or your parental status should have nothing to do with you getting in your sorority of choice as long as you can take care of business I would not worry about it. and IF someone makes a big deal about it or trys to put you down about it then you should ask yourself : Do you really want to be involved with such judgemental petty people anyway! Then try a grad chapter!! Eclipse and who else was talking about this and that: As long as anyone out there is having premarital sex (whether you have been caught up with a child or not) that is actually the problem! Not the kids so to speak, its having premarital sex period that is unchristian like! If you feel as if I or anyone else, would not be a good mentor etc because we have children then neither would anyone having sex period who is not married right? Afterall that is how unwed mothers come about! I mean do some really think that its okay with our creator that they have sex before they get married as long as you do not get pregnant? Please its all one in the same! It can reap the same repurcussions! It just has not hit some as it has others. I would have much more respect for a woman who got pregnant 92 times and kept all 92 kids than I would one who had 92 abortions!!!! I really do not feel as if it is necessary to try and punish young mothers married or not because that will not solve the problem at all! I commend young ladies who can make it until they are married to have sex, I am sure it is a wonderful accomplishmen but I would never CONDEMN those that did not!!!!! I never will agree with deb balls or anything that want to celebrate a girl for not having children young and then leave one that did have a kid feeling as if she is not good enuff! Please! Especially since they both could be having sex like all the time and one just got preg and the other did not!!!! So like I, and many others have said,LEFTOUT ONLY YOU CAN DECIDE WHATS RIGHT FOR YOU EVERYBODY ELSE IS JUST VOICES IN THE WIND! IF YOU DO NOT CROSS BECAUSE OF YOUR SON THEN YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MUST NOT HAVE BEEN RIGHT FOR YOU AT THAT TIME. MUCH LOVE TO YALL. TO OTHER SINGLE MOTHERS LIKE MYSELF KEEP YA HEAD UP! WE HANDLING OUR STUFF AND WE DO NOT NEED NO ONE TO LIKE IT OR LOVE IT. I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT YALL BUT MY BABIES IS WHAT KEEPS ME FOCUSED AND MOVING FORWARD TO ACCOMPLISH ALL MY GOALS!