View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roses1992 View Post
I have just decided to go through recruitment this fall. I will be entering my sophomore year of college. Freshman year I chose to participate in various clubs to see what would catch my interest. In the process I was elected into several leadership positions and one honor society. While my resume looks decent, I am concerned that I will get cut simply because I am a sophomore. I am friends with at least a few girls in every house who tell me they'll put in a good word, but I've still heard enough horror stories to make me a little cautious. I'm not rethinking rushing, but I want to know if my fear is valid or just a waste of time.

Although it may not matter, but I am also a minority student. PHA at my school, as I imagine it would be at most has a very small number of minorities, I'm wondering if that could be a helping/harming factor as well, even though everyone says it's "all" based on personality.
It really depends on your school. At some schools, sophomores have just about the same chances as freshmen and get bids regularly. At others, they get cut heavily and have a hard time.

Generally speaking, it's worth a shot. Worst case scenario: you don't get a bid. At least you tried.

Lakers Nation.