View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face Does anyone keep their sorority/fraternity sticker on their car after graduating?

I graduated college in December. My parents got me a new car as a graduation present. Would it make me look like I am trying too hard if I put a sorority sticker on my car since I already graduated? I was extremely involved in my sorority, and I was even an officer. I graduated a semester early, so my pledge class still is in school. At what point is it no longer cool to have your sorority sticker on your car? I have already joined the alumni association for my sorority in my area, so I am still active within the Greek community and whatnot. I just started graduate school at the university where I got my undergrad, so I am still hanging out with all the same friends, for one more semester at least!
(Most people that I have asked about this have said that basically the day they graduated, their Greek stickers came off their car, but that just seems sad to me.)
I still wear my sorority t-shirts to the gym and whatnot. Is this really the only acceptable way for me to keep parading my letters?

I guess I would feel different if I was still driving my old car. I wouldn't take off the decal. I just am unsure since it is a new car. The girl working in the store where I bought the decal looked at me like I was crazy when I bought it because she and I graduated together. She was an XO and already took her sticker off her car!!

Last edited by amorescaso; 02-05-2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Adding more detail.