View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I'm not against NOT having mixers on bid day - the focus should be on sisters, not what guys you are going to meet - but I liked what we did, which was have plenty of sister time and then have a party for the sisters, pledges and anyone special in their life who they wanted to invite, male or female. (Many less "I can't believe you are mixing with those douchebags in XYZ" ticked off boyfriends that way.)

But as at many schools the party isn't eliminated, just postponed 24-48 hours, I think the dictates from NPC are kind of pointless.
I think from a risk management standpoint, it's probably best not to do the parties the same night. In retrospect, we were thrown in a very chaotic atmosphere and had not been given any expectations from our chapter. Anything that goes wrong is on the chapter at that point even if the NMs haven't paid a penny to the chapter yet. Wait a couple days, pays some dues, have a meeting to discuss expectations, rules, establish some guidelines THEN have a party. Considering the crazy things we see and hear happening at chapter functions already, I don't think that this is asking too much. We were disappointed to not have those parties anymore after my freshman year, but honestly, we were so excited to get NMs every year that we never dwelled on it.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!