View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw a different quill like that a while back which was numbered A-1384. There was a discussion in another thread about it. I'll see if I can find it.

ETA: The quill that I saw was the member's badge from 1974. And a Balfour badge.

AZ-AlphaXi gave reasoning: "Sometimes replacement quills had odd numbering. Also on occasion alumnae initiates had A followed by a number."

raelee said: "I was initiated back in 1980. The quill badge that I received after I was initiated has an A -####. I purchased a pearl quill after I graduated. It was presented to me at Province Convention in 1983. It has a B-####. Neither set of numbers is my member number."

AOII Angel gave this reasoning: "AOII went through a twenty year phase, probably while we were with Balfour, when our badges only had A- random number engraving. The letters went up to I. There is supposedly a list at headquarters that is poorly indexed matching up members with their badge number. In the late 80s, we went back to initials, chapter letters and initiation date."

I think it was determined that for the period of time when Balfour was the manufacturer of our quill, AOII's badge, and Sigma Kappa's badge, that was their numbering system

Last edited by Griffins&Quills; 05-08-2014 at 11:37 PM.