Thread: Mom thread
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi2KD View Post
And one thing that is different since most of us went through: RFM.
The result being that in the first rounds, popular houses with traditionally high return percentages have to make DEEP cuts. So a PNM can have a great round at several houses and feel really positive about them but be shocked when see their next round invitation list.
In these rounds, houses MUST cut x number of PNMs so they will look for arbitrary reasons to cut: no rec, GPA, a legacy expected to go to their legacy house, ANYTHING. Unfortunately, it just comes down to numbers.

These cuts are the least personal, but are so shocking they are confidence killers. It’s hard for PNMs (and their moms) to understand why they were cut from half the houses when they’re an awesome girl and the parties went well. Then other girls will have a full schedule and it just won’t make any sense! There simply may be NO reason other than fate.

This is when you are going to die a little inside. This is when you’ll need to be there for your daughter, and we will be here for you! <3
Wow! I am SO glad I found this group. I'm definitely going to need the support. Already stocking up on wine to help get me through move in and recruitment!! ;-)