Thread: Temp Agency
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 07:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dionysus
I have a couple of questions.

Do you have to go through interviews and send resumes?

How often can you switch jobs, can you do it week to week?

Can you select your days and the hours you want to work?
If you're trying to do Temp-to-hire, generally you go through resume/interviews, but the Temp company takes care of sending them out. If it's a shorter job (a few days or weeks), usually there's no interview.

When you are given a temp assignment, you are given how long it will last (or at least a general idea). You are expected to complete the entire assignment. If you don't complete your assignment, normally the agency will throw you to the bottom of the candidate pool - they need people who can follow through.

You can tell your agency what hours you prefer to work, and they will try to find jobs that match those hours. They can and will, though call you at 3pm on Monday and ask if you would like to work at 9 am Tuesday thru Friday (that happened more then once to me). You have the right to turn down any assignment - and it generally should be without penalty to your "rank" on their list. Temps are usually "ranked" according to assignment completion, Client feedback, neatness/presentation, test scores when starting at the agency, etc... and those who are top ranked get offered the assignments first, and on down the list until someone accepts the assignment.