View Single Post
Old 07-13-2002, 11:42 AM

I would be surprized if we arrive at any consensus about this, but every scientific study I've heard of over the last several years conclude that there is no choice involved. People are gay from birth.

As for the religious aspects, our church, a large established member of the Presbyterian Church, USA, in which I am an ordained Elder is very accepting of gay members. Although the congregation is somewhat older and fairly conservative, the Director of Music and Worship is openly gay. He is deeply religions and does a wonderful job.

The other end of that spectrum is the fundamentalist church I attended as a youth in which I "learned" that drinking, dancing, playing cards, wearing shorts and going to movies on Sunday were all sins. And, of course, sex before marriage was a one way ticket to hell.

Finally, my experience with gays in the workplace is that most of them are simply nice folks and good workers.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.