View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
But Engender’s current advocacy only surrounds the gender integration of fraternities. They explain this by claiming that “sex discrimination in fraternities … [encourages] various forms of sexual violence, resulting in much higher rates of sexual assault by fraternity members.” At its heart, Engender’s mission statement asserts the bold claim that the presence of women will change male behavior.
LOL.....no. The presence of women often advances male behavior. I work in a male-dominated field (fire service and also law enforcement). I can tell you that, while my "brothers" accept me as their "sister" and will 100% fight along side of me, I am not so naive as to believe that they would never want to have sex with me. I don't mean that to sound arrogant (I don't think that well of myself); but, men's behavior is pretty blatant sometimes.

With that, Engender is really missing the mark with their hypothesis.

Quote:
Last fall, one fraternity did finally allow women to join: SigEp. They disaffiliated from the national organization and rebranded as the Edon Club, inspired by the name of the building that members of the frat rent.
No, she didn't join SigEp. She joined a co-ed social group that was formerly SigEp.

Quote:
(Before you ask: Edon members discussed enacting rules against fraternization, but truthfully, it’s impossible to stop college students from having sex with each other, and even members of single-sex organizations do. The norm is that current members shouldn’t become involved with students rushing or pledging the fraternity.)
And there it is!

True and Constant