View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 01:42 PM

I've also seen the other side of the coin on "another website" - people complaining about the small chapter participating in formal because it messes up quota and girls get stuck there.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

As long as the non-formal rushing chapter isn't being figured into q/t and isn't throwing a wrench into any expansion plans, I don't understand why everyone has their tits in a twist, any more than they should over, say, Tau Beta Sigma or Omega Phi Alpha.

The thing is - these chapters usually come to this conclusion BECAUSE they didn't do well in formal. So the only way it would decrease NM class sizes is by girls dropping out when it's their only group left.

ETA: I also think the chapters that do this hold their rush AFTER formal rush and encourage women to look at all the chapters. It's not an issue of grabbing them before they get their footing. My campus (deferred rush school) had that problem with little sister orgs. There were lots of first semester freshmen who pledged them without fully knowing what they were getting into. I don't think that is a situation here.

Last edited by 33girl; 08-28-2017 at 04:18 PM.