Thread: Bad Gifts
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok my husband's side of the fam gives very strange gifts. One year for his housewarming he got:

1 large ruffled pillow sham that was green with big pink flowers on it (he had a king size bed). (That sucker went to goodwill) and his cousins that gave it to him are our age. Why would you give someone 1 sham not even in the package? Don't clean out your closet and give out your junk..

These old mc donald had a farm plates that had cows and pigs on them (still in the box going to goodwill)

A couple of Christmases ago his mom gave him some hair tonic! Yes the kind that you see in the barber shop that is green (she does hair now that she is retired). I felt so bad for him that year. Just don't buy him anything or ask me what he likes. Last year she went on and on about how she doesn't do Christmas (but will do the family pollyana )Since she asked my mom who she was shopping for and she said just us two i guess she felt bad. So my hubby got a pair of sweat pants and I got a scarf/glove/hat set (that I can't wear because it breaks my hair off). This year I have her for the pollyana and she puts 'surprise me'...I have half a mind to give her back the scarf set...