View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

As the sometimes assistant to a wedding photographer, I have some funny, but not awful stories.

1.) I was assisting at a really fun same sex wedding where both brides had really large outgoing families. One of the bride's brothers was about 19. We were trying to do photos and he kept disappearing to do Fireball shots, they made me babysit him until we were all done. I had to make his stay right with me and he kept trying to make me take Fireball shots. I must have yelled "Cameron" and "no" at least 50 times in 30 minutes. By the time we were done, he could barely stand for the last few photos and in the proofs you can see people holding him up for the last few family pics.

2. At another wedding, the limo with the groomsmen and the groom was way late for photos because the driver got lost looking for a liquor store. They had finished off the beer before they got to the wedding venue and needed more. No, they really didn't. This was the same wedding where the groom's aunt found out I was single and tried to fix me up with every single guy at the wedding. sigh.

3. I was working with a different photographer and she forgot to take medication she was supposed to take and almost passed out. Found an ER nurse to tend to the photographer while I finished the wedding party photographs. Then she had the nerve to tell a different story to the owner of the company, who unbeknownst to her is longtime friend of mine.

4. At the same wedding above, the flower girl would not smile in any of the photos. I asked her why and she said, "because I don't like (insert bride's name) and I don't want her to be my step mom." Yeah, that went over well.