View Single Post
Old 08-01-2003, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
I also "feel" things around me--- I always have, since I was a little kid. No one in my family believed me, that was until a couple years ago.

When I was in high school my grandparents moved to the lake to retire. The house was brand new, so nothing weird there. Our family would go down for the weekends and I could never sleep. I would have to leave the lights on -- if I turned them off I would see a woman sitting at the end of my bed watching me. I would lay there paniced, too scared to move until she was gone. I would turn the lights on and go back to sleep.
Always in the next morning I would mention what happened the night before. I became a family joke. Finally my uncle said that he knew I was having nightmares because I would wake him every night-screaming in my sleep. I never remembered screaming--just the woman sitting there.
This went on for a few years. I would describe the lady--her clothes, her shoes, etc. I got to the point that I could feel this woman whenever the lights were off-- I physically couldn't walk into the room unless the light was on. One night I was able to sleep in the room, in the dark. I realized an old antique rocking chair was not in the room anymore-- but now I couldn't walk thru the family room in the dark. I said something about the chair not being in the room and the woman was not there that night. Finally my family stopping laughing and listened. I described the woman again. My grandma became a woman on a mission--- she dug all morning-- and finally brought out a picture of a woman. It was the woman I was seeing everynight.
It was my great, great grandmother. The rocking chair was hers.

Now my family listens to me, and never second guesses my "feelings"

-wendi