View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileykae View Post
I may just end up using this semester to focus on my studies and calm down, and wait for COB/informal in the spring if that's even an option - (Like the reply above stated - If I look at myself I can probably figure out what the hell went wrong (though how I can improve I have no idea, I've already changed so much from the last time through), but in complete honesty it just may be that I'm too different to fit in anywhere in the greek system.)

I don't know, and I'm afraid to post to be honest - I'm afraid whatever changes I make will be rated and scored, being a simple computer was enough to put and entire eight months worth of work and personal improvement to shame. The only thing I can really think at this point can be summed up with song lyrics, from William Beckett's Just You Wait - "Soon enough you're gonna graduate, start again when you turn the page - it gets better girl just you wait - it gets better girl just you wait.'

I guess if you guys don't hear from me soon, it's because I'm choosing to not go Greek this semester given my options of what's left and am waiting for Spring should it be an option.
I'm definitely not trying to sway you one way or the other, because I would hate for you to miss out on finding your home this semester. But, I remember a few years ago, I applied for and interviewed to be an orientation leader at my school. I wasn't selected, but most (probably all except for one or two) were. It was really, REALLY hard for me because I was faced with it constantly. Each time I would see them doing camp-related things (similar to you in the bathroom) I was hit with the same feelings all over again. Honestly, deciding to take a step back was the best thing I could have done for myself. Those feelings of rejection can sting for a long time but, if you feel like stepping away from COB at this point is the right thing for you, then do it and feel confident that you're doing what is right for you. Taking some time away really can change your whole perspective.

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
the confidence in our actions,
and the purpose in our hearts.