View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobrien98 View Post
Hi Everyone!
My name is Lauren and I will be rushing a sophomore at The University of Texas!
Texas rush starts in 18 days. If you do not have recs for over half the chapters in campus (OR if you were not a 4.0 GPA freshman on Texas Pom and multiple freshmen leadership roles), I would highly recommend withdrawing from rush. Most chapters follow a “once cut, always cut” rule so if you don’t have a rec, they’re going to cut you and never consider you for membership ever again.

You need to put your best foot forward. If you can’t, I would strongly reconsider fall formal rush and wait for COB opportunities or junior year.

I recommend posting to your Facebook and tagging your mom / grandmas saying you have decided to go through sorority recruitment at UT this month and are seeking recommendation letters from alumnae from the following chapters: (and then list all the UT chapters you don’t have a rec from yet). Ask people to DM you if they’re able to help!

You never know who you might know that is Greek. A friend’s mother, a former teacher, a neighbor, your mom’s best friend from childhood. Cast a wide net quickly and see what you can find this week. Do you have ANY friends on campus who are in a sorority?

Hopefully you have your high school and freshman year transcripts, rush resume, & headshot ready to go in case you find women you know to help. And please don’t forget a hand written thank you note!