View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I think it just shows that you don't necessarily have to have been past president, 4 year active, super Suzy sorority in order to contribute as an alumna. There are some alumnae who are reluctant to volunteer because they weren't in big leadership roles in undergrad and think the sorority can't use them. Not true!
This is so true. A lot of times when I try to recruit alumni to be involved in my chapter they say "Oh, well I was just a regular member/lowly committee chairman/whatever, I don't think I know enough about how the Fraternity operates to contribute." OK, so they don't usually admit to not knowing how the Fraternity operates, but it's an underlying factor. Its frustrating (I think more so in fraternities. because we often have less advisors than NPCs do) because most of the time we just need a body who's willing to be physically present for us and contribute an adult member's opinion. I would rather get a blah advisor who's willing to show up to things and have him turn into a superstar during his term of service than a undergrad rockstar who's too busy to actively support the chapter as an alumnus.